WE WOULD LOVE
Our content is
a public service!
Follow us on Twitter
Transport is a fundamental input into the economy, but it need not be motorized
- Tourism, Eco-Tourism and Bicycle-Tourism
A collection of articles.
- Developing Tourism in Indigenous Communities
Taking the first step
- Economic Benefit of Developing Bicycle
- Sustainable Transport and Development Article from IBF News
- Cuba's Bicycle Policy Article from IBF News
- Transport Economics: Who Pays Digest of information
- Transportation, Bicycles and Development Report on bicycle transport in Africa
- India: Bicycle Promotion Among Rural Women Article from IBF News
- India: Kolkata ends hand
- Women For Sustainable Development (Tunisia) Article from IBF News
- Ghana: Women And Mobility Article from IBF News
- Paradise Lost: The Decline of Bicycle Transportation In Asia
- Pedicab (Rickshaw): A Taxi Without An Attitude
Messengers/Couriers Services in Germany
Exporting / Importing Bicycles for Economic Development
- Sustainable Society: Articles
on: Community Sustainability Report Card, Finding Sustainability, Bicycle Balance Sheet,
The Earth Summit Rio 1992, Environmental Limits to Motorization, Sustainable Transport
Math Quiz, Failure of Leadership, Gas Guzzlers Campaign, The World's Best Cities For
Cycling, Non-Motorized Nairobi, Pedalising Eritrea, Pedals For Progress, Foundation For
Urban and Rural Advancement (Uganda), Pedal Power Activities.
- Work Bikes - Bicycles & Pedal Power In The Work Place
Businesses that use bicycles and pedal power in the course of their business
activities and work (police, post, parks, parametics, pedicab, corporate programs, green
business, credit schemes, secure parking, etc.).
- Youth and Young People Bicycle Recycle Programs
Programs teaching young people a vocation, personal
management, business management and give them self-esteem, while promoting bicycling. A
great program for any community.
- IBF Trailer: Assembly Instructions Step-by-step
instructions for building a cargo hauling trailer.
U.S. Contractors in China / Factory Conditions: Huffy Bikes
A report on labor and living conditions in China, including at the factory that produces bicycles
for Huffy, Wal-Mart and Sears. We don't know of any other reports on how
prevailing these conditions are, but a number of other makes of bikes are made
in seemingly similar factories.
IBF's Bicycle / Development / Sustainability
Bibliography / Reading List
Link To Related Internet Resources
The International Bicycle Fund is an independent, non-profit
organization. Its primary purpose is to promote bicycle transportation. Most IBF projects
and activities fall into one of four categories: planning and engineering, safety
education, economic development assistance and promoting international understanding.
IBF's objective is to create a sustainable, people-friendly environment by creating
opportunities of the highest practicable quality for bicycle transportation. IBF is funded
by private donation. Contributions are always welcome and are U.S. tax-deductible to the
extent allowed by law.
Please write if you have questions, comment, criticism, praise or
additional information for us, to report bad links, or if you would like to be
added to IBF's mailing list. (Also let us know how you found this site.)
DreamHost - earth friendly web hosting"
Created by David Mozer.
Copyright ? 1995-2013 International Bicycle Fund. All rights reserved.