A program of Ibike LLC
Programs To Special Places For Memories Of A Lifetime!
years of experience showing the best of Africa
- Bicycle Africa specializes in medium soft bike tours / cultural adventure for Westerners seeking to learn more about
Africa at a person-to-person level not usually available to tourists.
- We offer bicycle tours in all regions in
Africa because no one place or country in Africa epitomizes Africa.
- All programs are small group (6 to 10 people).
- Most are self-contained bicycle touring --
occasionally programs have a gear vehicles.
- Each program is unique and highlights the diversity of the culture, social institutions and
environment, and the complexity of the history, economy and society.
- The cycling varies from program to program but is generally easy to moderate, averaging
under 40 miles (65 km) per days, with side trips available for those with extra energy.
- Accommodations reflect the diversity of Africa and range from western style
basic traditional village housing.
- Safety and security is a concern in our selection of
destinations and routes, but we can't sanitize the world (see next point
and "myths of Africa").
- The program is ideal for the realist who appreciates the world and the wonderful rewards
to be gained for the modest rigors of bicycle touring.
- Cyclists from 9 to 70+ have enjoy these holidays.
- Participants receive comprehensive predeparture materials with detailed instructions
on setting up your bike, packing, training,
suggested reading and other information so they are properly
- Programs are open to everyone. We do not restrict participation
based on race, creed, color, national origins, religion, gender, sexual
- More on the Philosophy and History behind our small group, backroad,
active, cross-cultural, educational, environmentally friendly, economically responsible,
moderate adventure level, sustainable eco-tourism . Perusing our
Travelogue can also help you get a feel for
- Bicycle Africa is designed and directed by David Mozer, an
African studies specialist and pioneer of cycle touring in Africa, since 1975.
- If you are still looking for information or
answers, almost every aspect of the program is covered in
Ibike A to Z.
- Having doubts? Here is:
Why you should take an Bicycle Africa Tour!
Download and print a
Please write if you have questions, suggestions and comments
about our program or want to be added to Bicycle Africa's mailing list. (Also let us know
how you heard about the Bicycle Africa.)
"For that man who travels by his own
exertions no day can be dull and no journey without an abiding interest....Very wisely it
was said, All travel is dull exactly in proportion to its rapidity." HW
Tilman, "Snow on the Equator," McMillian, 1938. Reprinted in
"The Seven Mountain-Travel Books," published by The Mountaineers, Seattle, 1983. Tilman
bicycled across Africa from Cameroon to Kenya in 1933.
Other Links Of Interest:
Are you CAUGHT
in someone's frame? Click here
4887 Columbia Drive South
Seattle, WA 98108-1919 USA
Email: ibike @ ibike.org
(remove the space before and after the @)
Special Places For Memories Of A Lifetime!
write if you have questions, suggestions and comments about our program or want to be
added to Bicycle Africa's mailing list. (Also let us know how you found this site.)
DreamHost - earth friendly web hosting"
Created by David Mozer.
Copyright ? 1983-2015 Ibike LLC. All rights reserved.